WAYS TO GIVE
- Give Online. You can make a one-time gift, or set up a re-occurring gift as a way to pay your regular tithes and/or offerings. We have this service through our parent church, Bethany First Church of the Nazarene. You will need to choose “8th Street Church” for regular tithes and offerings, or “8th Street Project” for the building and renovation fund.
- Weekly Worship. In each service we receive an offering as part of our act of worship. Giving envelops are available to record or make special notes about your gift.
- By Mail. You can send cash or check to our mailing address: PO Box 76266, Oklahoma City, OK 73147.
WHY WE GIVE
- We acknowledge that all we have, whether we have a lot or a little, isn’t really ours in the first place. God has given freely to us, and we want to give freely as well.
- We believe that being generous a way to act outside the system that runs the world: the fear of not enough. Generosity frees us and allows us to act out the truth, to give of our resources is an act of worship.
- We believe God can do more with our resources through the collective body of the Church than we can do alone. The tithes and offerings of 8th Street Church:
- support the work of compassionate ministry partners in the city and around the world.
- provide for our congregation and neighbors through meals, hospitality, and tangible expressions of care.
- keep the 8th Street building clean and in good working order so that the church and community can use it.
- cover the cost of trainings, books, and materials for spiritual formation of children and adults.
- enable our paid pastoral staff to give their full time and attention to the ministry of the church.
THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT TITHING. WHAT IS IT?
Tithing Is More Than Giving
The word "tithe" literally means tenth or 10%. Tithing, or giving ten percent of your income, isn't merely giving something to God. The people of God throughout the ages have given 10% of their earnings to their local place of worship as a practice. This practice of tithing supports the ministry of the local congregation as well as the ministry around the world. As a Church of the Nazarene, we emphasize ministry to the disenfranchised, the marginalized, and those without hope. This allows us to support efforts locally and globally.
Beyond the Tithe (Offering)
Offering is anything you give beyond 10%. In Malachi 3:10, God says "Go ahead. I dare you. See if you can out-give me." By “offering” more, we have an opportunity to be extravagantly generous.
We encourage you to support good organizations, non-profits, and ministries outside of our church, as well as the “on-top-of-what-we-regularly-do” stuff within our local and global. The gifts of God’s people do amazing things. For information on what the Church of the Nazarene does with these gifts, visit www.NCM.org.